As a self-proclaimed unapologetic NON-risk taker, I've got to stop playing it safe and just go for it. So yesterday I set the plan in motion.
After editing the book yet again, I managed to clean it up quite a bit and removed another 2,800 words. Typos, grammatical errors, mistakes, etc. Knowing the book by heart, I hadn't read it a long time. So with fresh eyes I started it from the very beginning. And I was kind of stunned at how many errors there were. Not that I thought it was perfect, I was just surprised at the stuff I missed. Simple stuff too. YIKES!
Anyway, now that that is complete. There's a whole process of formatting it to put it up on Amazon so it can be read digitally. Amazon has provided a step-by-step guide...thank goodness! Not that I thought I would just upload the book and presto it's available to be bought. But I also didn't realize the little things that would need to be done with it. So I'm totally learning as I'm going through this.
My goal now is to have it all ready in the next few days. Then I will set my "baby" out into the world. Hard to believe after all this time, I'm actually going to do this.
It's daunting but at this point I have nothing to lose.
- The Delusional Novelist