Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Breaking Amish: The End!

A few weeks ago, I sheepishly admitted that I watch the TLC reality show Breaking Amish and I basically ripped the show apart.

Breaking Amish:  More Like Already Broken

Well Sunday night's finale (conclusion) further proved what an idiot I was to stick with this show.  I knew all the accusations and internet rumors, but still found it entertaining.

After watching the finale, which was done in a reunion type forum, made me truly dislike most of the cast.  Except for maybe Kate, who I once called the resident loon, surprisingly came off as the most grounded and genuine.  And I guess you could throw Sabrina in there too, cause she didn't annoy me either...well not as much anyway!

The same can't be said for Jeremiah, Abe, and Rebecca.  The latter two were downright nasty to the host, who I thought did a great job asking the questions most of the viewers wanted answers to.

For instance, she relentlessly badgered Abe about whether or not he was the father of Rebecca's baby.  Well, Abe did himself no favors by not giving the host a straight response.  Instead he was ignorant, rude, and came up with the ruse of wanting to protect Rebecca's baby (never once saying 'our' baby).  But I think he protested a bit too much. And the two of them, talking about the infamous Facebook picture of them holding Rebecca's baby, stating that the photo meant nothing and that they lived in the same Amish community.  They were acquaintances, nothing more.

Okay I can buy that, to a point. Because in the first episode they both admitted they KIND OF knew each other but barely. Hinting they weren't friends and yet there they were in a dated 2010 photo, looking quite cozy.  It's like just fess up already.  The reunion show gave them ample opportunity to admit the truth but I think their truth and the 'real' truth are two very different things.

Jeremiah admitted that he had left the Amish community on several occasions but always went back.  He also admitted to having three kids.  They live in Ohio, he doesn't.  So he doesn't get to see them very much.  As far as his ex-wife's allegations of domestic abuse, Jeremiah admitted to spending three days in jail for something he denies doing.  But his case was apparently thrown out.  He was also a one-time dead beat dad, not paying child support.  But now, he claims he has been paying.

Sabrina fessed up to her marriage and gave her ex-husband props for being a great guy. They just had different life paths that contributed to their getting divorced.  Kate talked about her DUI and how she's doing everything to comply with the terms of her punishment.  All she wants now, is to put it all behind her and move on with her modeling career.

I'm guilty of watching and sadly even DVRing this show.  But I wasn't the only one, cause apparently the ratings for it were quite impressive.

I could kick myself for even bothering.  Cause at this point, I don't care if they are still Amish, were ever Amish, or plan to become Amish.  I will no longer waste my time finding out.

- Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment