Wednesday, April 25, 2018

FINALLY!

On November 21, 2014, my debut novel, BEHIND THE MASK went 'live' on Amazon.com and I remember the exact moment it happened.  I was bombarded with a slew of emotions, that ranged from exhilaration to sheer panic. Up until that point, only a few people had read the book and not many were even aware that I was writing a novel.  So, putting myself out there was both frightening and exciting at the same time.  Expectations weren't high, as I wasn't known as a writer.  People weren't sure what they were going to get from me, but it was worth a shot.  If they hated it, there wasn't much I could do about it.  As a very good friend of mine always says, "it is what it is!" However, the positive feedback I received, put my nerves at ease and boosted my confidence.  Along with giving me the courage to continue writing.

Fast forward four years later and all those anxiety riddled emotions are back with a vengeance as I just released my second book (and sequel) UNMASKED.  Though I can honestly say, having gone through this whole process before, I'm definitely way more prepared this time.  That said, I feel slightly more pressure to meet the expectations of the readers who have patiently waited for its release.  But I think their enthusiasm for finding out what happens to the characters of Remi and Liam, quiets the nerves somewhat.  These books have been my babies so to speak and though I know you can't please everyone hopefully they've been entertained.

- Heather Carnassale aka the Delusional Novelist




2 comments:

  1. Well done Heather, it was a real pleasure working with you on the design of Unmasked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! The feeling is mutual and look forward to working with you and Caroline again.

      Delete