Monday, November 26, 2012

An Addict's Daily Trip...To McDonald's

I've made no secret of my addiction to McDonald's Sweet Tea.  And often find it quite amusing.

The workers at the local McDonald's know me so well that when they see me coming, they place a Sweet Tea cup up onto the counter for me.  I get a little disappointed when there's a new worker who doesn't know who I am yet.  In fact, I'm practically a celebrity...well not really but I'm quite known. There are a group of elderly folks who congregate there almost daily.  They sip coffee and just enjoy each other's company.  Well, I've become an honorary member.  No...I don't sit and bullshit with them, but I probably could if I wanted to.

When I walk in, there is one specific older gentleman who always says hello to me and will sometimes joke that McDonald's ran out of tea.  It's funny and quite endearing.  He's so nice, as are all of the group.  Even funnier, when I opt to do the drive-thru instead of going inside, to exit I have to drive right past the lobby.  If my buddies are sitting there, they wave to me.  I laugh at how pathetic that sounds, but you know it's kind of like Norm on Cheers.  They know me and obviously expect to see me everyday.

There was one time while in the drive thru, I was at the cashier's window and there were two cars in front of me.  Not sure what the hold up was but after I paid, I'm sitting there and sitting there AND sitting there.  The cashier, knowing I was a regular, told me she'd get my tea for me.  And that's exactly what she did.  I got the V.I.P. treatment.  Which allowed me to pull out of line and go on my merry way. Pardon the pun but that's just too sweet!

Most people now associate me with the tea.  In fact, I'm waiting for the day McDonald's seriously hooks me up with some freebies. Cause my carrying around a Sweet Tea cup everywhere I go, is free advertising.  And you can't discount my constant praise of the sweetie goodness.  Hell I've even convinced NON-sweet tea drinkers to give it a try.

I've become the McDonald's Sweet Tea pusher...my bad!  And no interventions please, this addict is fully aware she is addicted and makes no plans to change anytime soon.

- Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment