Saturday, October 20, 2012

Politics and Religion....UGH!!!

Two things I avoid like the plague...Politics and Religion.

Now don't get me wrong, I like a good debate but these two particular topics drive me up a wall.  And social media outlets just perpetuate my agitation.  Yes, I know I don't have to read what people spew but it's almost unavoidable in this day and age.

I am a firm believer of everyone having a right to his/her opinions but let me stress, I DO NOT want to be preached to about these two subjects.

For instance, you know the people that walk around the neighborhood, handing out pamphlets about  whatever religion or belief they are in to...hoping I will give them a minute of my time. Can you guess my response to them?  I either don't answer my door or hope my puppy chases them away.  Why?  Because I don't care what or whom someone worships.  He/she can worship a tree and that's fine, just don't tell me why I should be worshipping it.

I also avoid getting into what religion I do or don't follow or believe in. Cause guarantee it will piss off at least one person.  No matter what it might be. So I stay mum on the subject.

Same goes for politics.  I absolutely loathe this time of year.  The constant phone calls and all those damn signs, "Vote for this person or vote for that person" plastered EVERYWHERE.  Seeing a name 8,000 times a day is not going to make me vote for that person.  In fact, it tends to do the opposite.

And then there's Facebook.  Ahhh yes, Zuckerberg's master creation is a major breeding ground for heated political debates.  What I've witnessed the past couple weeks with family, friends, and strangers duking it out over Obama and Romney is kind of scary.  The comments have been downright nasty and eye opening to say the least.

I keep political opinions to myself. Whether it be in real-life or on the internet.

I know this year is important being that it's a presidential election.  But other people's opinions won't sway me one way or the other.

Will I vote on November 6th?  Of course I will,  but won't tell a soul who I voted for.  It is what it is!

- Heather





No comments:

Post a Comment